Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sunday

For a long time there was no place in Montpellier to get a latté, and then suddenly three different places opened, within a month or two. Two chains, Columbus Café and French Coffee Shop, and then an independent one that I tried out today, Coffee Club, a tiny but cozy café, and it's the one I should support, I guess, but there's also a certain hipness there, that makes you want to, like Louis CK, walk around and hit everybody's paper cups to the ground. I got a coffee to go, no hitting, and then walked down to the Pavillon Populaire that has free art exhibitions. This year there's a Linda McCartney retrospective, with photographs of The Beatles, different 60s artists, like Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin, Paul at home and on the road, and their kids. Lots of stuff I hadn't seen, and it's a good thing I went now, since it closes on May 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment