Monday, September 24, 2012

Hello Emmy Lou

I've watched my first Emmy. It was... pretty boring. The scripted banter was mostly unfunny. On the other hand: Kat Dennings. And hey, two Emmys for Louis CK! I've seen the first episode of Homeland and will be binge watching the rest when I get the dvds. One of the channels showed Capote a couple of days ago. It's a great film. It's probably the best film I've seen during my three month stay in Montreal. I watched two films in a multi plex, Batman and Prometheus, both kind of meh, and as a movie experience kind of depressing, actually. The moment you step inside you feel like a consumer target. There must have been at least 15 minutes of commercials before the film. If you're over 25 years old you can't help but feel unwelcome by the constant pop music. Before Prometheus they played Barbiegirl, for pete's sake! I almost left before the film began...

I caught the end of The Majestic on tv the other day, the film by Frank Darabont with Jim Carrey in the lead. It seemed to be an oldfashioned film, Capraesque, but also quite slow. Anyway, the film takes place in the 50s and partly in this really amazing cinema. I don't know how typical that cinema was for the 50s, probably not too much, but still, compared to cinemas today... Come, come, nuclear bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment